Monday, May 20, 2013

May 26, 2013 Holy Trinity Sunday




John 16:12-15
12  "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

Without mystery life looses something deep and beautiful.
Without mystery God becomes something less then God.

The Trinity is a mystery.  After all is said and done to know God, the mystery remains.
Today we celebrate that mystery even as we worship God the Father, creator of all things; God the son, Redeemer of all humankind, and God the Holy Ghost Sanctifier of all who believe.
“Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion.”  I Tim 3:16

Guide You Into The Truth

When I go fishing in Canada I want a guide with me but I do not want the guide fishing for me.  Even if I lose the big one.

Life is like fishing - we often need a guide but the guide cannot live for us.

Truth is something we discover in the process of living.
We learn truth as we live.
We have to experience what we know before we can know it.
We have to be vulnerable to make discovery.

The Holy Spirit guides us into the truth of life lived in God’s name, confessing Jesus as Lord.  As we go we discover what it all means - and it is far beyond our wildest imagination.



No comments:

Post a Comment